X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTX in RSP

So my recruiter told me its not going to be a normal drill but instead an FTX. he said for me to bring a sleeping bag. I know an FTX is a field training exercise but what all goes on in one? all answers will be appreciated.

Re: FTX in RSP

with rsp, you will probably be learning some movements through the woods (wedge, column), basic hand signals, probably some flanking and assault on objectives, how to build shelters.. and of course, 360 security and patrol base fireguards. Last time I helped out with an RSP ftx it was actually a lot of fun. The privates enjoyed it way more than just sitting around the armory getting smoked. for a first drill, you are lucky on this one lol

Comment

Originally posted by iambrian90 View Post
      with rsp, you will probably be learning some movements through the woods (wedge, column), basic hand signals, probably some flanking and assault on objectives, how to build shelters.. and of course, 360 security and patrol base fireguards. Last time I helped out with an RSP ftx it was actually a lot of fun. The privates enjoyed it way more than just sitting around the armory getting smoked. for a first drill, you are lucky on this one lol
      +1 It's definitely more fun than Death by Powerpoint. When we did ours, or any ambush training out in the woods, we used paint ball guns which was great. We trained on setting up and reacting to an ambush. MOUT training at the old armory is with airsoft rifles.....those smart when they hit, move faster...lol

Comment

Perhaps an obstacle course or team building course.

@ Chris, we didn't have airsoft we had rubber ducks. A two time CIB SFC told me that he hoped he never would have to go on a patrol with me; it was then I knew I was destined for the Chaplaincy.

Comment

yeah we never had anything fun in VA. it was usually rubber ducks vs sticks, or rubber m16 vs rubber m4 with pinecone grenades

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            Perhaps an obstacle course or team building course.

@ Chris, we didn't have airsoft we had rubber ducks. A two time CIB SFC told me that he hoped he never would have to go on a patrol with me; it was then I knew I was destined for the Chaplaincy.
            Yeeeaaahh....I'm right there with you. During MOUT training, I was OPFOR in a DARK a** basement and one of the cadre came through the door, to see if we were ready, and I lit him up!! Got him on the way out the door as he ran too!

Those air soft leave some wicked welts! I made the mistake of leaving my inner ankle exposed when breaching the door (it pulled open towards me) and I got it good in the ankle.....had a black bruise the size of an orange for weeks. I never let it happen again though!

Comment

Working...
            X