X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp And Weight

Ok so I have been trying to lose weight for like ever. I am 5'0 and know i am suppose to weight 132 or less. I weigh 174. Can I still join the guard then go to Rsp to lose the weight or do I have to lose the weight before I join. I am confused.

Re: Rsp And Weight

You must meet enlistment standards for weight before you can go to RSP.

Comment

I would go ahead talk with a recruiter. You would fall under the non-prior service weight scale. They give you some room and the BMI scale is not as strict as it is if you have previously shipped to training. But tips to losing weight are simple. Cut things that are high in sugar, especially soda. I used to go through 12 packs of cokes in 2 days. When i stopped drinking coke i lost 15lbs in a month and a half. Drink lots of water and run a lot. You'll be alright.

Comment

I'm assuming you are female and under 21 years of age. If that is correct, then your weight has to be under 132 OR 32% body fat or less. If you really want to enlist, you CAN loose the weight. A word of advise, this goal of yours needs to be a LONG term lifestyle change. That means it isn't JUST getting down to the maximum allowable weight to get in. You want to make your goal to have a built in buffer. MANY soldiers are sadly flagged for weight early in their career and are ultimately forced out because they could not maintain weight and PT standards. Mentally you are telling yourself, "I will NEVER weigh "X" amount again." Good luck in your pursuit.

Comment

If you can pass "tape" you can join. passing army tape test www.armyprt.com has the answer

Comment

Working...
          X