X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp questions

Do the Army hair regulations apply while going through with the RSP drill weekends
    and what should I bring with me to my first rsp drill and how do you start the stripes for skills?

Re: Rsp questions

Absolutely the hair regulations apply. You are officially on duty that weekend and must meet the standards. As for what you should bring with you, you need to speak with your specific RSP site because every location is different.

Comment

As RSP NCO stated every RSP site is different. For AZ we were told to show up in some kind of PT outfit as we took a diagnostic PT test on Saturday and did regular PT on Sunday, shower stuff (soap, shampoo, shower shoes, towel, etc) and then a change of clothes (jeans and nice t-shirt or polo shirt, no rips or holes in either). Finally a small notepad (something that can fit in a pocket) and pen for writing and taking notes.

Comment

When I went to my one and only RSP last month, the first day if you came with long hair and an unshaven face they just made some jokes about you. The second day if you didnt shave, and your hair was not regulation, they made you take a razor and go into the bathrooms and shave it off. And you also got to do some push ups for it too. I took the best route and got it done beforehand, it helped out a lot. Also, at my RSP site, I was given a full set of National Guard PT's, and a Battle Book as well to take notes. But I am sure that's not the case in other places. Like others have said just ask your recruiter. In my case, my recruiter was also an instructor, too. I dont know if all of them are, though.

Comment

Yeah, I had my first drill last weekend and had no idea what to bring so I just showed up in some shorts and tshirt, hair uncut and everything. I felt really dumb but the drill sergeant spared me since it was my first time.

Comment

Working...
          X