X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Drop out?

(I'm asking out of curiosity, I haven't even finished my application yet)

Could one technically go to RSP and then drop out/be discharged BEFORE Basic due to DEP? Could someone explain this for me?

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_5.htm

Re: RSP Drop out?

No, because the RSP is not the DEP. DEP is for active duty only. Once you enlist in the guard, you are in. You do not swear in twice as you would do if you were in Active Duty.

Comment

ROGER THAT !!! You are on the payroll. If a state emergancy happens(hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flooding)...YOU may get activated to fill sandbags...you don't need basic combat training to be a local hero in times of need.

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      No, because the RSP is not the DEP. DEP is for active duty only. Once you enlist in the guard, you are in. You do not swear in twice as you would do if you were in Active Duty.

Comment

You will get an ngb-22 form with an uncharacterized discharge, re-3

National Guard has no DEP when you report to meps and sign your contract you're in. But since you havent served long enough to judge your service, you get an uncharacterized discharge.

Long story short, yes you could, but DO NOT! That discharge will hang over you for ever unless you re-enlist and get an honorable.

Trust me tiger93, be sure you want this before enlisting, its a **** of a mistake to correct

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger93 View Post
          (I'm asking out of curiosity, I haven't even finished my application yet)

Could one technically go to RSP and then drop out/be discharged BEFORE Basic due to DEP? Could someone explain this for me?

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/dep_5.htm
          Wipe this thought from your mind.

It isn't a possibility, not to mention the biggest mistake of your life. Don't get cold feet now, during reception or BCT...it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X