X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Test and Aviation Question

I just started my packet to try and get in an open flight slot (I am currently enlisted, and also deployed right now), but I have a question about the flight test. I know you used to have to take the AFAST as part of the process to get in. It is my understanding that the AFAST no longer exits, and there is a new test. Is that correct? What is the test called, and where can I get materials to study for it? I've heard that the SIFT is the new test, but haven't been able to get confirmation on that yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on good study materials?

My other question is what is life generally like as an Army National Guard helicopter pilot? The slot I am going for is for a Blackhawk pilot for a medical unit. Is being a pilot in the guard a lot more than just the one weekend a month & 2 weeks a year? If their are any pilots on here who can somewhat describe what their experience is like and how much you enjoy it, it would be greatly appreciated. I definitely want to be a pilot, no doubt about that, I just want to have a better idea of what to expect as I begin this process and what it is generally like being an ANG helicopter pilot.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Flight Test and Aviation Question

Moving thread

Comment

Re: Flight Test and Aviation Question

Per US Army Warrant Officer Recruiting site:

11 JAN 13 - The Aviation Branch has developed a replacement for the Alternate Flight Aptitude Selection Test (AFAST). The new test is the Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT) which is an aptitude test, therefore there will not be a study guide for it!
      http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/index.shtml

Comment

Working...
      X