Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Rotary-Wing to ARNG Fixed-Wing

Hey all,

I am an active duty UH-60A/L/M qualified warrant officer and am interested in transitioning to fixed-wing flying in the Guard (C-12 or C-23).
    Are these positions typically reserved for active duty FW qual'd warrants making the move to the Guard?

Thank you,
    V

Re: AD Rotary-Wing to ARNG Fixed-Wing

Originally posted by zVo View Post
    Hey all,

I am an active duty UH-60A/L/M qualified warrant officer and am interested in transitioning to fixed-wing flying in the Guard (C-12 or C-23).
    Are these positions typically reserved for active duty FW qual'd warrants making the move to the Guard?

Thank you,
    V
    Far from my area of expertise..but stating you geographic region will help. Not all states have these slots, or at least have them in any amount of real quantity. I'm farely certain WV has a few.

Comment

Thank you for the response! I have a little time before my ADSO is up, but home for me is Illinois (Chicagoland area). I received an airplane airline transport license (ATP) on active duty and thus civilian job prospects in aviation could take me anywhere, so I'm not necessarily limited by region. Illinois or Texas would be preferable, but I'm willing to go wherever the slot(s) may be available.

Comment

Brother (or sister), I am an AD Warrant Officer and when you start to ACAP and transition, you should be able to ascertain all the info. I suggest you get the WOSM POC for the state that you interested in and give them a call.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          Brother (or sister), I am an AD Warrant Officer and when you start to ACAP and transition, you should be able to ascertain all the info. I suggest you get the WOSM POC for the state that you interested in and give them a call.
          Will do, brother. Thanks for the insight - time to play the waiting game.

Comment

The "guard" in me has a hard time believing they would give these slots to someone not already in the guard. I'd have to think they are highly sought after. An educated guess here is you will most likely have to enter as a black hawk pilot with that target in the distance. Chiefs advice is spot on. Reach out to some WOSM.

Comment

Working...
            X