Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Looking for a unit that has open Aviation Warrant Officer slots Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a unit that has open Aviation Warrant Officer slots

I know in the past a few users on this forum had posted lists of states that were in need of Aviation Warrant Officers, but I did not see anything recent.

I do not mind putting in the leg work to find a place (ie. placing calls, sending emails, visiting offices, etc.) it is just that a lot of Warrant Officer recruiters I have contacted did not get back with me. I was told this is because: A. They do not know how to do the paperwork for Aviation Warrant Officer and B. It is a lot of paperwork, which they only get credit for the recruit after they successfully pass flight training, so it is not appealing for the quick recruit credit.

I do not want to slander any recruiters, nor do I know if this is true, but I am very serious in my decision to become a Aviation Warrant Officer.

I am about to turn 29 years old and am looking to go this path before it is too late. I have been working for the government for the past 6 years doing security contract work, so I am financially stable and have nothing that ties me down. I'm willing to move to any state that can offer me the opportunity to get to flight school. Currently I am 3 classes short of my Associate's Degree and would like to join the National Guard so that I can get into flight school and then finish my Bachelor's Degree while serving my country again.

I have been talking with two friends who are retired Chiefs and they told me to be wary of joining a guard unit with the promise of flight school later. They also told me in the past that Idaho and South Carolina were pushing a lot of guys through flight school.

I can still max an Army APFT, I have no medical issues, and I still have an active security clearance.

Any information would be great, if not I'll be calling every unit until I find someone who will work with me. Thanks
Working...
X