Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Waiver

Hello,
    So here's my question:

Can I get a waiver to fly as a warrant officer if I have a short history of anxiety/depression in my medical file.

I am prior service and I have a disability rating for anxiety/depression. I haven't had to take any meds or receive any treatment for it. I had a brief stint of mild anxiety as part of returning from Iraq, but again, no meds or treatment was needed. I've talked with my doctor's at the VA and they agree their isn't any signs or symptoms of it. Is this something that is likely to be waived to fly in the ARNG? Thanks!

Re: Medical Waiver

Originally posted by squeekboy View Post
    Hello,
    So here's my question:

Can I get a waiver to fly as a warrant officer if I have a short history of anxiety/depression in my medical file.

I am prior service and I have a disability rating for anxiety/depression. I haven't had to take any meds or receive any treatment for it. I had a brief stint of mild anxiety as part of returning from Iraq, but again, no meds or treatment was needed. I've talked with my doctor's at the VA and they agree their isn't any signs or symptoms of it. Is this something that is likely to be waived to fly in the ARNG? Thanks!
    Unfortunately, any applicants (PS or NPS) with a history of depression are not eligible to enlist. Once this suspension is lifted, it sounds like you'll have a good chance of getting a waiver having currently no symptoms for an extended period of time and no need of medication. Keep in touch with a recruiter as things can change overnight. Good luck.
    Last edited by RyCass; October 16th, 2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Re: Medical Waiver

Thanks for the info! I'll keep checking in with the unit I was hoping to join to see if things change.

Comment

Working...
      X