X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOCS maybe

I am meeting with my recruiter again this week so we can discuss my options on going to WOCS (if I am even eligible to), but I am trying to be optimistic. Realistically, I don't know how good my chances are, but worse case scenario I still get my clearance back and pick another MOS besides Aviator. And if my clearance doesn't get reinstated, I still have other options!

Signed, a WOCS hopeful

Re: WOCS maybe

Originally posted by J2H View Post
    I am meeting with my recruiter again this week so we can discuss my options on going to WOCS (if I am even eligible to), but I am trying to be optimistic. Realistically, I don't know how good my chances are, but worse case scenario I still get my clearance back and pick another MOS besides Aviator. And if my clearance doesn't get reinstated, I still have other options!

Signed, a WOCS hopeful
    You have to enlist first and then apply to WOFT. You really need to give the state aviation officer a call and discuss your intentions.

Comment

Waiting for my MEPS date (had to get a copy of my divorce record from SC)... turns out, I am too old to be an aviator... I turned 29 in May and 27.5 is the max age
      Last edited by J2H; October 9th, 2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Waiting for my MEPS date (had to get a copy of my divorce record from SC)... turns out, I am too old to be an aviator... I turned 29 in May and 27.5 is the max age
        While I recognize requirements change, I have seen dozens of people in their 30's go to WOFT. I would accept no answer as accurate other than the one your state aviation officer gives you.

Comment

The brochure said 27 1/2 but as soon as I find the info for my State Aviation Officer I will call over there

Comment

The brochure said 27 1/2 but as soon as I find the info for my State Aviation Officer I will call over there
            Please do. I graduated wocs with someone who was 39, and training on an Apache airframe.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              Please do. I graduated wocs with someone who was 39, and training on an Apache airframe.
              Why aren't you a warrant?

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomer Pyle View Post
                Why aren't you a warrant?
                Because there are more full time opportunities for a NCO than for a 270A (which is almost zero) in the National Guard. I have spent the past three years on some type of mission since I graduated. When I am ready to just drill, I'll put it on. Ideally I would like to slide over to the Reserves eventually where JAG warrants have more upward mobility.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  Because there are more full time opportunities for a NCO than for a 270A (which is almost zero) in the National Guard. I have spent the past three years on some type of mission since I graduated. When I am ready to just drill, I'll put it on. Ideally I would like to slide over to the Reserves eventually where JAG warrants have more upward mobility.
                  How long can you defer a WO commission?

Comment

That is interesting. Did you graduate from WOBC or just WOCS? The six year (probably soon to be ten year) requirement to retire as a Warrant must be met. It is a shame to have graduated and not put it to use but I commend you for continuing on with your service; giving as much possible to our Nation. Good luck.
                    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; October 10th, 2012, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                      How long can you defer a WO commission?
                      I think its usually two years, I am not positive on that. I however am in an usually unique situation where that doesn't apply to me, so I was never concerned with that rule.

Comment

Where did you get the brochure? I can tell you for sure that the DA proponent age cutoff is currently 33. But keep in mind that each state has the ability to set additional restrictions to this age. The SAAO will determine what age cutoff he/she will accept based on the needs of that state.

Comment

Working...
                        X