Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ierw tdy?

Originally posted by Fstbk272 View Post
    Thanks for your responses. ack202, that last part was what I was looking for. My wife and I just bought our house in Oct last year. She'll be staying up here in MD, if I get into the IERW program.
    I wouldn't worry about "getting into the IERW program" unless you're close to the age limit. If you're a several years away then as far as I've seen most people will eventually get sent. It's really just a matter of patience.

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
      I wouldn't worry about "getting into the IERW program" unless you're close to the age limit. If you're a several years away then as far as I've seen most people will eventually get sent. It's really just a matter of patience.
      Rgr that! I still have 2 years left for age limit, but I had to get a waiver for my eyes (astigmatism), and I doubt I'll get that waiver again if my 18 months lapse... I'm just waiting on my CO to send my LOR to the State Aviation Officer. Suppose to have it this week.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
        Would like to know how that works out for you.
        Reason she's stayin up here is b/c shes a RN, has a great paying job, and can't afford to leave that position.

Comment

Reason she's stayin up here is b/c shes a RN, has a great paying job, and can't afford to leave that position.
          Not saying its a bad thing, I might be in the same position. I sincerely want to know how it works out with the pay/lodging situation because I may be right behind you.

Comment

Not saying its a bad thing, I might be in the same position. I sincerely want to know how it works out with the pay/lodging situation because I may be right behind you.
            Ah, Rog. Took that in a different context. My bad. I'll let you know how it goes! How far along are you in your process?

Comment

Ah, Rog. Took that in a different context. My bad. I'll let you know how it goes! How far along are you in your process?
              Pretty much at zero.

Comment

Pretty much at zero.
                well then, heres some advise.

https://rdl.train.army.mil/catalog/v...04.203/TOC.HTM

study the first section on basic aero

and then also study the AFAST study guide. It helps alot on the helo knowledge.

Comment

well then, heres some advise.

https://rdl.train.army.mil/catalog/v...04.203/TOC.HTM

study the first section on basic aero

and then also study the AFAST study guide. It helps alot on the helo knowledge.
                  Nice this will help out for the SIFT.

Comment

I hope my packet is submitted before then (1OCT)....lol.

Comment

Latest word is Oregon wants a SIFT score for their next board; I got a low AFAST score anyway.

Comment

so far my aviation recruiter hasnt said anything about ,so I hope im still good.

Comment

I believe after Oct 1, having a SIFT score will be a mandatory part of the packet. From what I've heard the active army is canceling boards until next Jan to give everyone a chance to update their packets. Don't know if this will be the same for the guard or not.

Comment

Honestly I am kinda hoping that not a lot of other people with have the opportunity to get it done before the next board so statistically I have a better chance; right now I am facing an uphill battle.

Comment

sucks. wish you well!

Comment

I did an enlistment in the marines and got out last year. I'm attend a college that offeres a Pilot program. I currently have my private rotorcraft, Helicopter and IFR rotorcraft. So i feel my aircraft knowledge is good. But, I dont really know where to start for the IERW board. What information is covered in the board?

Comment

Working...
                                X