Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to become a combat aviator? warrant or regular officer?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to become a combat aviator? warrant or regular officer?

I have thought about becoming a avation officer and I was wondering which route I should take. Im about to start college and I plan to participate in ROTC through the guard Simutaneous Membership Program (SMP). My question is, what route is the best route to take if I wish to become a helicopter pilot who performs missions in combat. REGULAR OFFICER OR WARRANT OFFICER?? Also, Ive heard that if you are a regular aviation officer then the Army tends to keep you on the ground and that warrant officers normally do the flying. Is this true?

Re: Best way to become a combat aviator? warrant or regular officer?

Originally posted by speter12 View Post
    I have thought about becoming a avation officer and I was wondering which route I should take. Im about to start college and I plan to participate in ROTC through the guard Simutaneous Membership Program (SMP). My question is, what route is the best route to take if I wish to become a helicopter pilot who performs missions in combat. REGULAR OFFICER OR WARRANT OFFICER?? Also, Ive heard that if you are a regular aviation officer then the Army tends to keep you on the ground and that warrant officers normally do the flying. Is this true?
    Many threads have addressed this topic and it appears WO would better fit your goals.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...arrant-Officer
    Last edited by Polo08816; June 19th, 2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      Many threads have addressed this topic and it appears WO would better fit your goals.
      +1. Why just be "regular"?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...arrant-Officer
        As such, I've moved your thread! Hopefully you can get more opinions.

Comment

Im about to start college and I plan to participate in ROTC through the guard Simutaneous Membership Program (SMP). My question is, what route is the best route to take if I wish to become a helicopter pilot who performs missions in combat.

Comment

Originally posted by kristienece2 View Post
            Im about to start college and I plan to participate in ROTC through the guard Simutaneous Membership Program (SMP). My question is, what route is the best route to take if I wish to become a helicopter pilot who performs missions in combat.
            I would think Warrant Officer, but maybe some Aviators can chime in with their opinion. Here's more information about becoming a Warrant Officer Aviator: WO Aviation.

Comment

Working...
            X