X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service with H3 and permanent hearing profile

I enlisted in the Guard as a 12B in 2012 with plans of gaining combat experience with a deploying unit and then beginning a journey to become an 18D. I was, however, just recently medically separated because I have a 3 rating for my hearing and was given a permanent hearing profile just after returning home from OSUT. So, I was never able to deploy, obviously. My whole life I have been preparing myself to become an 18D. It is what I have wanted for as long as I can remember. I joined a combat MOS and sought a deployment, I attended EMT school for a small background in emergency medicine, I am currently in college taking nursing prerequisites that would help me in the Delta course (as per advice from a current 18D and civilian ER nurse) and finally I was enrolled in the 18D preparation course online. I have no disciplinary counselings, a good PT score, and no other negative marks against me.
    I was wondering if there is any possible way that I am still able to pursue becoming an 18D? I do not want to give up even after all the defeat.
    Is it possible to get a waiver to reenlist for something I was medically separated for?
    Or is it possible that the SF unit in my state would be able to have any pull or say? I'm in Ohio, by the way. I know at this time especially, since their numbers are up, they are probably not giving any waivers but I didn't know if SF was a different animal in regards to that or even if it would be possible at a later date?
    I'm trying to get the correct information to determine if I should still try to pursue SF in the future after my degree is complete or to just get it out of my mind?

Thank you for any information.

Special Forces will not medically waiver any permanent profile or PULSES of 3 or higher. Must have a physical profile of 111221 or better.

Comment

Working...
    X