X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going active duty SF?

Hello , I am in the army reserve now serving as a parachute rigger , I am 33 years old , it is possible for me to go active duty and try for SF selection my pt is on the high 360 as far my fitnest I am very good or this is to old for me looking for a honest answer thx for the help !

Moving your reply and starting a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mchc View Post
      Hello , I am in the army reserve now serving as a parachute rigger , I am 33 years old , it is possible for me to go active duty and try for SF selection my pt is on the high 360 as far my fitnest I am very good or this is to old for me looking for a honest answer thx for the help !
      To determine whether you can enlist with active duty and qualify for an 18X (SF candidate contract) you will need to contact a regular Army recruiter.
      But, from everything I have heard you must not be past the age of 29 and in the pay grade of E-4 only. Best of luck!

Comment

UPDATE: Active duty may still be considering your current MOS for enlistment if you are E-1 thru E-4, see following link: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...go-active-duty

Then once you are on active duty you could apply to attend SFAS through your post/region's SF recruiting team.

Comment

• Mchc
          Mchc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thx I read the business rules , but I want to know I in my case that I am 33 what are the chances to become a green beret I hear total training is about 2 years I am on top shape , the physical and metal aspect is not a concert to me ( I am not bragging ) what really get me is my age that at 33 they will invest in someone my age over youngest guys

1. Age is not a factor when selecting candidates for SF. Its all based on your personal performance and background. The only age factor is when it comes to specifically the 18X contract for active duty. By the current USAREC regulations the age requirement is 20 to 29. But, as a current serving soldier, whether active duty or Guard, there is no maximum age to attend SFAS. The oldest candidate I know of, was age 42 when he attended and passed SFAS. Now with that said, he was an outstanding individual and was bringing allot to the table; current LRS team leader, E-6 (P), Airborne, Ranger, MFF, CDQC, SERE-C and semi-pro tri-athlete.

Comment

• Mchc
          Mchc commented
          Editing a comment
          Thx a lot . This solve my question !
      Working...
      X