Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prior service attaining an 18x contract ( either Guard or prefferebly Active).

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service attaining an 18x contract ( either Guard or prefferebly Active).

I just separated recently ( Honorably) from AD. Still waiting to in process into my Guard unit. Eight years 11B, Airborne, mostly the basics ( No cool guy schools D*** it!). I'm looking into going back on AD within the next two years. Does anyone know the scoop on Soldiers like myself getting an 18x contract? Yes, I meet the minimum requirements. Yes, I've read into it myself. I just want some feed back from you folks. Please no life advice, ha ha, I'm sure everyone that separates thinks about going back within the first six months. Waiting for the wife to finish her current degree before committing to anything, so I have time to think on it. Also, I have a 1 yr. contract with my local unit ( planning to re up when the time comes).

Getting an 18X contract with the Army National Guard is ZERO percent. Please see the following thread/topic: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...service-member

You are much more likely with the active duty Army, assuming its still available at the time you try to reenlist. From everything I have heard, its only available to prior service E-4 and below and you must be less than 30 years of age, no waivers for age. But, that is something you will have to discuss with an active duty Army recruiter.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; 3 weeks ago. Reason: updated info

Comment

Working...
    X