X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service in Physician assistant school

I'm prior service E5 Army ETS'd 2010 and Airborne qualified. I am currently in physician assistant school and have some questions that I am hoping can be answered on this forum. I am attending school in GA, but will be moving to Washington and plan to meet with recruiter and discuss the process of re-enlisting if/when that time comes. My questions are regarding life as an SF operator and civilian healthcare provider. I do NOT wish to be a PA or medic with an SF group I would, ideally, like to be a 18B, so are there any PA/NP/MDs that could provide some insight into this lifestyle? Maybe offer some pros and cons. I would like to have these weighed out before I get done with school, so I can have a plan post graduation.

RE: mlitalie; You are most likely not going to get any responses from current SF Qualified (CMF 18 series) guys that are also PA/NP/MDs on this forum. I myself have no official medical background in SF or civilian life. I can let you know, that NG SF can command a certain amount of your time and requires a level of commitment. Unless, you are a PA officer in AMEDD with the Guard, your military commitment, training and deployment OPTEMPO is not going to be too conducive to a professional healthcare provider, especially serving with a SF ODA. Not to say it doesn't happen, because I have heard of some MDs serving in NG SF as SF NCOs or SF Officers. I am not sure of their professional/civilian responsibilities in those cases.

I recommend you visit "professionsoldiers.com", but tread lightly and READ all their forum rules and guidelines before posting.

Comment

Working...
    X