Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does New York State have Special Forces?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does New York State have Special Forces?

I tried looking at the arng website for special forces, and they have an "apply" link. It asks you a bunch of information, then asks "which special forces base". New york state doesn't seem to have one on there, and the lady I spoke to at the nearby base wasn't very helpful. Does anyone know?

Just like the specialforces.nationalguard.com page stated. There are no Special Forces units in New York.
    There are only 15 states that have Special Forces. The closest option to New York is C/1/20th SFG (A) unit in Springfield, MA.

Did you submit your information through the SF website?
    Last edited by SF Hunter; March 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Not yet, I haven't selected the base yet. I'm not really sure how a unit in MA would work. Would I have to relocate there?

Comment

Or Ohio if you're in Western NY I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelorum View Post
          Would I have to relocate there?
          No. State residence is not a requirement to enlist or serve in any state's Army National Guard. It all boils down to how far you are willing to travel, at your own expense, to serve in a specific state/unit.

But, you will have to work with a recruiter, preferably the assigned SF recruiter in that state.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
            Or Ohio if you're in Western NY I believe.
            NYGuardRecruiter is correct. There is also an SF unit (B/2/19th SFG) in Columbus, OH.

Comment

Thanks to Caelorum's posting. I have finally broke down and posted a thread/topic that has the locations of all the Special Forces units in the Army National Guard. Please see the new sticky thread at the top of the Special Forces category, link here: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...unit-locations

Comment

Working...
              X