X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19D or 11B for SF

Hello (im 19 just for the sake of saying im 19) I am curious if any one has ever done this. Ive talked to my recruiter and told him that I want to join ARNG with a SF MOS, however I also wish to finish my Associates 1st. He said I could join now as a 19D with airborne training garunteed in my contract, and that later I could "apply" (im not sure if thats the correct term but you know what i mean) to go SF?

1st- is it hard to do something like that? im not talking about the physical aspect but the process of going SF, can you really just "apply"?

2nd- If I want to go SF later down the line is 19D the best MOS for me to go? or is something like 11B better?

3rd-can anyone who is a current 19D tell me what being a cav is like and what types of duties/things in general you do while at home/and overseas?

Any and all advice, knowledge, wisdom is appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by niko22360; October 31st, 2013, 01:54 AM.

Sorry that I did not see your topic/thread before now. I moved your thread to the Special Forces category. I recommend you read through all the SF sticky threads and other postings. It should answer most of your questions. If you have any questions afterward, please reply on this thread. But, to quickly answer your first two:

1. No, its not that hard to apply for SF. All assuming you meet the requirements.
    2. 19D is not a bad choice. Most combat arms related MOSs are good starting points for eventually applying for SF.

Comment

Working...
    X