Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of Recruitment?

All,

Thanks for all the great info on these boards. My question is for the silent professionals and/or SF recruiters on this board: How long is the typical active recruitment period for a REP 63 hopeful? I have been working with a B/2/20th recruiter for almost 6mos., supplying medical documents, transcripts, etc. when asked and feel as if my recruitment period is unusually long. I can supply more info if needed but figured I'd go simple at first.

Thanks

Re: Length of Recruitment?

RE: mtb8d,
    The answer to your question is already in this forum and SF category. Your recruiter wasn't able to answer this question?

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...s-Requirements
    These are the current requirements to apply for Special Forces in the Army National Guard.
    **NOTE** Requirements can vary slightly with each state/NG SF unit, based on current unit needs.

No prior military experience (Non-Prior Service [NPS]):

1. Must be a male, minimum age 20, no older than 35*.
    2. Must be a U.S. citizen (non-waiverable).
    3. Must be a high school graduate or have a general educational development (GED) certificate. Preferably a college education.
    4. Must not have any drug or alcohol related law violations.
    5. Must score an absolute minimum of 50 points on the ASVAB with an absolute minimum of 107 (non-waiverable) in the General Technical (GT) section.
    6. Must be able to meet medical fitness standards for military service, Airborne and Special Forces as outlined in Chap. 5, AR 40-501, Standards of Medical Fitness.
    7. Must be able to score a minimum of 240 on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), with no less than 70 points in each event, using the standards for 17-21 age group. Before the completion of Advanced Individual Training (AIT)
    8. Must volunteer and be eligible for Airborne training.
    9. Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.

*As of April 1, 2011, applicants with no prior U.S. military service must take the oath of enlistment on or before their 35th birthday.

The Non-prior service Special Forces enlistment contract in the Army National Guard is usually referred to as a REP 63 contract, similar to the 18 Xray (18X) contract with Active Duty Army. The REP 63/18X contract only applies to states with Special Forces units is very selective and availability varies. REP 63 contract is a minimum enlistment of 6 years.

...Rescinded...
    Last edited by SF Hunter; September 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
      RE: mtb8d,
      The answer to your question is already in this forum and SF category. Your recruiter wasn't able to answer this question?

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...s-Requirements
      These are the current requirements to apply for Special Forces in the Army National Guard.
      **NOTE** Requirements can vary slightly with each state/NG SF unit, based on current unit needs.

No prior military experience (Non-Prior Service [NPS]):

1. Must be a male, minimum age 20, no older than 35*.
      2. Must be a U.S. citizen (non-waiverable).
      3. Must be a high school graduate or have a general educational development (GED) certificate. Preferably a college education.
      4. Must not have any drug or alcohol related law violations.
      5. Must score an absolute minimum of 50 points on the ASVAB with an absolute minimum of 107 (non-waiverable) in the General Technical (GT) section.
      6. Must be able to meet medical fitness standards for military service, Airborne and Special Forces as outlined in Chap. 5, AR 40-501, Standards of Medical Fitness.
      7. Must be able to score a minimum of 240 on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT), with no less than 70 points in each event, using the standards for 17-21 age group. Before the completion of Advanced Individual Training (AIT)
      8. Must volunteer and be eligible for Airborne training.
      9. Must be eligible for a secret security clearance.

*As of April 1, 2011, applicants with no prior U.S. military service must take the oath of enlistment on or before their 35th birthday.

The Non-prior service Special Forces enlistment contract in the Army National Guard is usually referred to as a REP 63 contract, similar to the 18 Xray (18X) contract with Active Duty Army. The REP 63/18X contract only applies to states with Special Forces units is very selective and availability varies. REP 63 contract is a minimum enlistment of 6 years.

Next time, I recommend you read through the threads or utilize the search function above ^. You are not starting off on a good foot.
      Looks like I lacked sufficient clarity in my initial post. I was looking for the typical length of the recruitment period (i.e. initial conversations with recruiter to OSUT ship).

I had searched both here and the PS forum and my recruiter has been MIA as of late. I understand when dealing with waivers the process is lengthened but I feel as if my recruitment has taken an unusually long time.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mtb8d View Post
        Looks like I lacked sufficient clarity in my initial post. I was looking for the typical length of the recruitment period (i.e. initial conversations with recruiter to OSUT ship).

I had searched both here and the PS forum and my recruiter has been MIA as of late. I understand when dealing with waivers the process is lengthened but I feel as if my recruitment has taken an unusually long time.

Thanks
        Okay, I rescind my earlier comment.

There is no typical period or length of time for the "enlistment" process. Each individual has different circumstances and backgrounds that may require additional time for determination. Plus, those applying for SF/REP 63 have additional scrutiny. Then if you require submissions of any waivers, that is going to extend the time significantly.

Your recruiter may be away for leave or mandatory training. If you are working with the recruiter in Maryland, that I think you are, then I know he works with many applicants at the same time and is extremely busy.

Patience is a virtue, but continue to try and contact him and keep yourself on his radar.

I wish you the best of luck on your path to become a "Quiet Professional".

Comment

Working...
        X