X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assessment Test

I spoke with a recruiter 2 weeks ago about trying out. Well since I'm prior service I have to walk on with California and try out. My question is, does anyone know if I'm going to have to enlist to try out or will that come after I try out? As a former 11b I'm familiar with the standard and am currently training up for my try out. Will I need uniforms or will that be provided to me upon try out? Also, what happens if you make it and go on to SFAS but don't make it your first time. Do you get booted out of the unit or do they prepare you more and send you back or kick you to a grunt unit. I can call my recruiter for more intel but its' going to be roughly 6+ months before I'm able to try out and I don't want to bother him since I'm sure he's got more immediate recruits to assist. Thanks gentlemen.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; August 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM.

Re: Assessment Test

A/5/19th SFG in California will allow prior military to try-out with them as a civilian before enlistment, with a signed liability waiver. They run their SFREs about once every six months. If you pass the SFRE, then you would be considered for attendance to SFAS once you enlist into the CA Army National Guard (ARNG) usually under your former MOS (11B). Once you are enlisted/serving, then you will be scheduled for attendance to SFAS.

If you are not selected or do not complete SFAS. Then you will be assigned to another unit within the CA ARNG to serve out the remainder of your contract. Depending on the reason why you did not complete or were not selected at SFAS. Will determine whether you will ever have another chance. Either way, its still up to A/5/19th if you get to go back and try again.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; February 4th, 2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I didn't want to make any assumptions. I won't be ready fro the SFRE in May so I'll make the next one. Crossfit, running, and road rucks are the order of the day.... I will be ready. Thanks for the intel.

Comment

Also, is there anywhere I can look to get more information on the security clearance that will be required? Can my DHS threat assessment and security clearance for an International Airport qualify or is it something more inclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo View Post
          Also, is there anywhere I can look to get more information on the security clearance that will be required? Can my DHS threat assessment and security clearance for an International Airport qualify or is it something more inclusive?
          Special Forces requires a minimum DoD secret clearance investigation.

Comment

Roger that thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X