X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces Requirements

For Airborne and Special Forces training: Failure to pass the PIP set or FALANT test for color vision (see para
    4–2a) unless the applicant is able to identify vivid red and/or vivid green as projected by the Ophthalmological
    Projector or the Stereoscope, Vision Testing

Is this still true?

Also, for the language requirement. If you have previous experience in a language, will they have you learn further in that language or have you learn a new one (Based on what they need). I have 2 years of German under my belt. Although now I can barely have a back and forth conversation exceeding 10 sentences or so, I can still identify a lot of the language if spoken to me. (As well as word placement, grammar, etc.)

Thanks

Re: Special Forces Requirements

Originally posted by JamesT21 View Post
    For Airborne and Special Forces training: Failure to pass the PIP set or FALANT test for color vision (see para
    4–2a) unless the applicant is able to identify vivid red and/or vivid green as projected by the Ophthalmological
    Projector or the Stereoscope, Vision Testing

Is this still true?

Also, for the language requirement. If you have previous experience in a language, will they have you learn further in that language or have you learn a new one (Based on what they need). I have 2 years of German under my belt. Although now I can barely have a back and forth conversation exceeding 10 sentences or so, I can still identify a lot of the language if spoken to me. (As well as word placement, grammar, etc.)
    Question 1: YES
    Question 2: You would be given a new language. Especially, seeing as how your German is not up to snuff and we really don't need German speakers.
    Plus, every applicant will take the Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) to determine their foreign language capability.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; March 26th, 2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X