Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Currently accepting prior service for SF?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently accepting prior service for SF?

Hello and thanks for reading,

I am currently in the Army Reserve. I was granted a conditional release to pursue an Active Duty 18x contract, which I went through the MEPS process and all physicals and everything. I ended up not taking it because of some family health issues.

Anyway, my conditional release is still valid and I'm wondering if the National Guard is recruiting prior service for SF right now. I'll be the first the admit I know nothing about how the Guard works, it's a REP 63 contract I think?

If they aren't taking prior service for that, are they recruiting prior service at all? I know active duty recently stopped taking all prior service enlistments.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Re: Currently accepting prior service for SF?

SF Hunter JUST posted the PS SF requirements on the forum here:

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...USMC-IRR-to-NG

Comment

If pursuing SF will take the initial traing time like AD, why not go back to your AD aspirations if your family issues have ended?

Comment

Originally posted by cem4k View Post
        Hello and thanks for reading,

I am currently in the Army Reserve. I was granted a conditional release to pursue an Active Duty 18x contract, which I went through the MEPS process and all physicals and everything. I ended up not taking it because of some family health issues.

Anyway, my conditional release is still valid and I'm wondering if the National Guard is recruiting prior service for SF right now. I'll be the first the admit I know nothing about how the Guard works, it's a REP 63 contract I think?

If they aren't taking prior service for that, are they recruiting prior service at all? I know active duty recently stopped taking all prior service enlistments.

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
        This question has been asked MANY MANY times. Please search and read through the SF threads.
        I have recently posted a sticky thread that covers this
        Last edited by SF Hunter; March 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I have often wondered how many of the people that show an interest in SF actually manage to complete?

Comment

Active Duty stopped taking prior service enlistments for 18x right after I gave up my seat, so I can't return to my original plan.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
              I have often wondered how many of the people that show an interest in SF actually manage to complete?
              I'm in 20th SFG's assessment program right now (just got my SFAS date), and there's a very high attrition rate for candidates even prior to SFAS attendance. I started in October with four others, and only myself and one other of those candidates remains from that class. We picked up four new candidates in December, and only one of them is still in the program now. However, we just had an assessment this past weekend and four new candidates showed up, all of whom performed pretty well (two of them passed all the events, and the other two each failed one event, which isn't terrible considering the level of difficulty -- I failed two events on my first assessment).

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                I'm in 20th SFG's assessment program right now (just got my SFAS date)
                CONGRATS jwarren!

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                  CONGRATS jwarren!
                  Thanks! Now I just need to finish getting this IST rammed through the system so they can cut my orders.

Comment

Thanks! Now I just need to finish getting this IST rammed through the system so they can cut my orders.
                    ******* A LT! Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
                      I smell a call to the state IG in the future

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                        I smell a call to the state IG in the future
                        Quite the coincidence that you'd mention the IG, because earlier today I was contemplating dropping them a line. My Bn S1 section is being typically incompetent and is not responding to any of my requests for information on the status of the transfer. My SFAS date has already been pushed back from 29 March to 26 April as a result of this idiocy. I emailed the Bn XO today and explained the situation, and of course they responded immediately to his email that the packet is "at NGB pending approval," which is interesting because I was under the impression that IST paperwork is between only the gaining/losing states and that NGB doesn't have any direct involvement.

I'm going to speak with the NJ IST coordinator tomorrow and if I don't get a crystal clear picture of what the hell is going on I'm going to escalate things. In your experience, how common are these sorts of issues?

Comment

Quite the coincidence that you'd mention the IG, because earlier today I was contemplating dropping them a line. My Bn S1 section is being typically incompetent and is not responding to any of my requests for information on the status of the transfer. My SFAS date has already been pushed back from 29 March to 26 April as a result of this idiocy. I emailed the Bn XO today and explained the situation, and of course they responded immediately to his email that the packet is "at NGB pending approval," which is interesting because I was under the impression that IST paperwork is between only the gaining/losing states and that NGB doesn't have any direct involvement.

I'm going to speak with the NJ IST coordinator tomorrow and if I don't get a crystal clear picture of what the hell is going on I'm going to escalate things. In your experience, how common are these sorts of issues?
                          Sending you a PM. Also, I have heard that its common with officers.
                          Last edited by SF Hunter; March 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
                            Thanks dude. The "*****" makes you sincerity clear!

Comment

Working...
                            X