Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USASOC Approved Diver Training Courses?

So I got all my medical stuff taken care of to get into NGSF, now I am in the process of getting all my USN/USMC awards and badges in my new Army records.

I know I am allowed to wear the MFF wings as it was an Army school, but what about the Army's combatant diver badge and W-7/W-9 ASI? I went to the USMC Combatant Diver Course. I was looking at AR 611-75 and it says,

"All divers must graduate from a Combat Diving Qualification Course (CDQC) conducted by USAJFKSWCS, Key
    West, FL; the U.S. Navy Special Warfare Center (NAVSPECWARCEN) Coronado, CA; or other USASOC-approved
    diver training course."

Does the USMC combatant diver fall under USASOC approved diver courses? Looking at the USMC curriculum, it seems very similar to the NSW and SWCS course, but I don't want to make any conclusions. I don't care about badges, but I am not that much of a masochist to go through combat diver again to get on a dive team if I can help it.

Re: USASOC Approved Diver Training Courses?

Originally posted by rickyrecon0321 View Post
    So I got all my medical stuff taken care of to get into NGSF, now I am in the process of getting all my USN/USMC awards and badges in my new Army records.

I know I am allowed to wear the MFF wings as it was an Army school, but what about the Army's combatant diver badge and W-7/W-9 ASI? I went to the USMC Combatant Diver Course. I was looking at AR 611-75 and it says,

"All divers must graduate from a Combat Diving Qualification Course (CDQC) conducted by USAJFKSWCS, Key
    West, FL; the U.S. Navy Special Warfare Center (NAVSPECWARCEN) Coronado, CA; or other USASOC-approved
    diver training course."

Does the USMC combatant diver fall under USASOC approved diver courses? Looking at the USMC curriculum, it seems very similar to the NSW and SWCS course, but I don't want to make any conclusions. I don't care about badges, but I am not that much of a masochist to go through combat diver again to get on a dive team if I can help it.
    rickyrecon0321, Unfortunately I cannot give you a definitive answer to your question. There is no USASOC approved list openly available. You will have to contact Special Forces Underwater Operations School at Key West or USAJFKSWCS to see if they recognize the USMC Combat Diver Course. http://www.soc.mil/swcS/contact.html.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; August 27th, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X