X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD INDEF or 19th SFG(A) ???

my current enlistment ends at the end of this year. I am in my C-zone and looking at going INDEF but I want to explore all of my options to best decide on my future. By the time this contract ends I will be at 12 years. I love what I do and it will be hard to leave AD but at the same time my family needs me more now than ever with deaths in the immediate family and I want to finish my education. I just want to be sure if I go NG I am still doing what is best for my family in the long run. I honestly know very little about NG life. I have a few close friends that crossed over but they are both deployed right now and we are all at different sites and on different schedules and I don't want to bother them with questions that I can possibly get answered on this forum.

I am hopefully looking at getting in contact with someone out at Los Alamitos, CA. I believe it is A/5-19th SFG(A). Any help will be much appreciated. I need to be schooled on the basics of NG. Pays, Benefits, Retirement, AGR, MED, CIV ED, MIL ED, etc.

Thanks ahead of time!

Re: AD INDEF or 19th SFG(A) ???

From personal experience, everyone including myself that left AD wished we completed the twenty active for solid retirement benefits. You bring up about time with family but yet seek to join a very deployable unit.

think hard. That is why I am back on AD.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 11th, 2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JUN3R View Post
      my current enlistment ends at the end of this year. I am in my C-zone and looking at going INDEF but I want to explore all of my options to best decide on my future. By the time this contract ends I will be at 12 years. I love what I do and it will be hard to leave AD but at the same time my family needs me more now than ever with deaths in the immediate family and I want to finish my education. I just want to be sure if I go NG I am still doing what is best for my family in the long run. I honestly know very little about NG life. I have a few close friends that crossed over but they are both deployed right now and we are all at different sites and on different schedules and I don't want to bother them with questions that I can possibly get answered on this forum.

I am hopefully looking at getting in contact with someone out at Los Alamitos, CA. I believe it is A/5-19th SFG(A). Any help will be much appreciated. I need to be schooled on the basics of NG. Pays, Benefits, Retirement, AGR, MED, CIV ED, MIL ED, etc.

Thanks ahead of time!
      Are you currently CMF 18 series ?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        From personal experience, everyone including myself that left AD wished we completed the twenty active for solid retirement benefits. You bring up about time with family but yet seek to join a very deployable unit.

think hard. That is why I am back on AD.
        I understand what you're saying and I agree with you. Right now I owe it to myself and my family to explore all my options before I make a long term decision that will affect us all. Thanks for your input and trust me you aren't the only person telling me that they wish they went 20. Those words echo in my head everyday. I appreciate your input!

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
          Are you currently CMF 18 series ?
          sorry, I figured that it would have been implied. 18E4VW8TH

Thanks

Comment

sorry, I figured that it would have been implied. 18E4VW8TH <--"Nuff said

Thanks
            Sending you a Private Message (PM) brother.
            Last edited by SF Hunter; January 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks ahead of time!

Ive got almost the exact same questions, Im an 18B looking at leaving active duty to join the guard.

Comment

Originally posted by KTM18B View Post
                Ive got almost the exact same questions, Im an 18B looking at leaving active duty to join the guard.
                Sent you a Private message (PM)

Comment

Working...
                X