X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female with support MOS in a SF unit?

Alright, so I'm planning on joining the NG right after I graduate high school and I'm the type of girl who is absolutely crazy for all things related to special forces. It just so happens that I live pretty close to a SF unit. So I was wondering if it's possible for a girl to be in a SF unit with a support MOS? That might be a stupid question, but I'd really appreciate any answers! Thanks in advance!

Re: Female with support MOS in a SF unit?

Originally posted by RollTideRoll View Post
    Alright, so I'm planning on joining the NG right after I graduate high school and I'm the type of girl who is absolutely crazy for all things related to special forces. It just so happens that I live pretty close to a SF unit. So I was wondering if it's possible for a girl to be in a SF unit with a support MOS? That might be a stupid question, but I'd really appreciate any answers! Thanks in advance!
    Yes, it is possible to serve in a Group or Battalion Support role/MOS as a female. Alabama happens to be filling a 20th Special Forces Group Support Battalion (GSB) with numerous positions in various support jobs. If you are lucky enough to enlist for one of these positions within GSB, then you would get Airborne School as part of your MOS contract. Do to the fact that "all" of 20th SFG is an Airborne unit and on jump status.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
      Yes, it is possible to serve in a Group or Battalion Support role/MOS as a female. Alabama happens to be filling a 20th Special Forces Group Support Battalion (GSB) with numerous positions in various support jobs. If you are lucky enough to enlist for one of these positions within GSB, then you would get Airborne School as part of your MOS contract. Do to the fact that "all" of 20th SFG is an Airborne unit and on jump status.

Thank you for your help! One more question, if you don't mind. Do the special forces units deploy and train more often? 'Cause that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

One weekend (3-4 day) per month and one annual training period (2-6 weeks) per year between major deployments.

If you want more training and deployments. You might be better served with active duty Army.

Here is a link that might help: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...hlight=support
        Last edited by SF Hunter; August 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Thank you for all of your help! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
          X