Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG SF Mandatory Training

TWO QUESTIONS:

1) I heard that Military Free Fall (MFF) will become part of the Q Course pipeline in the near future... my question is has it already been included as part of mandatory training? I could not find any info on the official US Army SF training webpage, but it was included in the "STICKY: Special Forces Training Timeline". Any verification would be greatly appreciated as I know the Navy Seals have officially included it as part of their mandatory training as posted on their SealSwcc web page.

2) Also when do Green Berets train in Close Quarters Battle (CQB)? After the Q Course? Is it part of mandatory training? I know Navy Seals begin their CQB training in SQT right after BUDS.

Thanks in advance.

Re: NG SF Mandatory Training

Originally posted by lemirlira View Post
    TWO QUESTIONS:

1) I heard that Military Free Fall (MFF) will become part of the Q Course pipeline in the near future... my question is has it already been included as part of mandatory training? I could not find any info on the official US Army SF training webpage, but it was included in the "STICKY: Special Forces Training Timeline". Any verification would be greatly appreciated as I know the Navy Seals have officially included it as part of their mandatory training as posted on their SealSwcc web page.

The SWCS school is restructuring the Military Free Fall Parachutist Course, or MFFPC, so that it will offer sufficient annual training slots for all SFQC candidates while maintaining allocated slots for qualified Special Forces personnel already assigned to operational units. Beginning in February 2013, the MFFPC will transition from a four-week to a three-week course.

The first week will remain the same, consisting of vertical wind tunnel body stabilization training, MC-4 parachute packing and an introduction to MFF operations. The remaining two weeks will encompass a jump profile of three airborne operations per training iteration, totaling 30 MFF operations per course encompassing various conditions and equipment loads.

In fiscal year 2013, SWCS plans to host up to 358 Special Forces Soldiers through the MFFPC. By fiscal year 2015, with the addition of 18 MFF instructors and dedicated aircraft, the MFFPC will reach its optimal throughput of 1,026 MFF parachutists, including 766 Special Forces Soldiers. When fully manned and equipped, the Military Free Fall School will conduct 19 MFFPC classes each fiscal year with 54 students in each class.

2) Also when do Green Berets train in Close Quarters Battle (CQB)? After the Q Course? Is it part of mandatory training? I know Navy Seals begin their CQB training in SQT right after BUDS.

Phase III of SFQC

Thanks in advance.
    It was a product of the "Good Idea Fairy" and now is probably not going to happen. Its hard enough to keep one MFF team fully qualified and current, much less, the whole SF Regiment.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
      Reply above in bold
      That idea of MFF in the pipeline is going away

Comment

Originally posted by KTM18B View Post
        That idea of MFF in the pipeline is going away
        Thanks for the update thru PM. Training timeline threads updated.

Comment

Working...
        X