X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35F to SF

I believe their is a Intelligence position within the Special Forces and would like to know if one could transition from MOS 35F into the SF. I understand there is a rigorous selection process but i would just like to know if it is possible and how difficult such a transition is.
    I am also curious as to how different the job of intelligence is within the SF compared to the average Intel analyst.

Re: 35F to SF

Please read through all the SF threads on this forum.
    Under the requirements and training timeline. It explains the process and what you have to do to apply for Special Forces.

If you are referring to the SF MOS 18F=SF Assistant Ops/Intelligence Sgt, then know that you do not "transition" into it from any MOS, other than a SF MOS (18 series).

HERE ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR 18F-Special Forces Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeants:

Must be an Active Component or Reserve Component (Guard) U. S. Army Special Forces enlisted personnel (CMF 18) in the rank of Staff Sergeant thru Sergeant First Class (E-6 or E-7)
    Must have a TOP SECRET WITH SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTED INFORMATION (TS/SCI) clearance.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; December 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

If you are talking about trying to get into a NG SF unit under your current MOS (35F), in order to give intel support to the ODAs/teams. Then you would want to look into open positions at the NG SF Battalion and Group support companies. There are no 35F positions at the company/ODA level.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
        If you are talking about trying to get into a NG SF unit under your current MOS (35F), in order to give intel support to the ODAs/teams. Then you would want to look into open positions at the NG SF Battalion and Group support companies. There are no 35F positions at the company/ODA level.
        Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Does a 35F attached to a SF unit go more into the field and behind the wire?

Comment

Originally posted by national View Post
          Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Does a 35F attached to a SF unit go more into the field and behind the wire?
          Exactly what you do right now. Behind the wire in the S2 shop

Comment

Working...
          X