Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are NG SF turning down medical waivers?

Hello,

I was hoping to post a couple of quick questions pertaining to the NG SF. I have researched Chap. 5, AR 40-501 and also medical waivers within this specific AR. I was told from a brother that he was turned down from 19th and 20th SFRE even with a disability waiver. He receives a 40% disability rating and was told they are not excepting waivers at this time. I was hoping to see if this can be confirmed here before I go and ask one of the groups recruiters. I to have a disability rating because of previous injuries sustained during OEF. If this is true it will be a crushing blow to my future goals. If anyone knows or could point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.

MTN11B

Re: Are NG SF turning down medical waivers?

Originally posted by MTN11B View Post
    Hello,

I was hoping to post a couple of quick questions pertaining to the NG SF. I have researched Chap. 5, AR 40-501 and also medical waivers within this specific AR. I was told from a brother that he was turned down from 19th and 20th SFRE even with a disability waiver. He receives a 40% disability rating and was told they are not excepting waivers at this time. I was hoping to see if this can be confirmed here before I go and ask one of the groups recruiters. I to have a disability rating because of previous injuries sustained during OEF. If this is true it will be a crushing blow to my future goals. If anyone knows or could point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated.

MTN11B
    BLUF: If everyone on some anonymous NG forum told you that you are disqualified, are you going to take that at face value and give up your aspirations? Why not just go get the official story right off the bat?

SF Hunter will probably be along shortly with the best answer to your question, but in lieu of that, I'm pretty sure that the JFKSWCS surgeon has the final say on this and that your best bet is to contact the unit you're trying to join for more information.

Comment

Re: Are NG SF turning down medical waivers?

Originally posted by MTN11B View Post
      Hello,

MTN11B
      If you are not currently serving in the Guard, then it is correct that most NG SF units will not consider an applicant or waiver for any disability over 30% for Special Forces.

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
      BLUF: If everyone on some anonymous NG forum told you that you are disqualified, are you going to take that at face value and give up your aspirations? Why not just go get the official story right off the bat?

SF Hunter will probably be along shortly with the best answer to your question, but in lieu of that, I'm pretty sure that the JFKSWCS surgeon has the final say on this and that your best bet is to contact the unit you're trying to join for more information.
      jwarren is also correct that you should still contact the SF unit you are interested in applying with, get it from the horses mouth. But with that said, the SF Surgeon at Bragg is the overall approving authority for all SF physicals and if you have some current or past medical issue/disability that warrants a rating, then the likely-hood of it being denied is HIGH.

Comment

Working...
      X