X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you suggested

I'm currently talking to a recruiter and after a lot of research I just want to make sure I'm making the correct choice. My goal is to be SF. Right now I live in Arkansas where there is no SF unit but I will be moving to Utah to finish my degree and there is an SF unit there. So my question is can I get a Rep 63 (that is the contract that allows me to try out for SF right?) even if I don't live in a state that has an SF unit or should I just enlist as an 11b than later try out for SF later? And if I do the 11b route is it possible to get a contract that will allow me to at least go to jump school right a way? Any information or suggestions would be great.
    Thank you

Re: What would you suggested

SF Hunter might post a response to this, however, these questions have been asked so many times on the forums that if we could gage the number of people whose "goal" it is to "become SF" just based on the sheer number of posts, the entire US population might speak 2 languages and jump from space to engage the enemy with a bayonet.

Ryan, if you use the search feature you should find about 10,000 posts on these questions. Plus SF Hunter will likely chime in directly for you as well. So keep checking back.

Comment

PS: SF Hunter can see me while I type this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan.S.B View Post
        I'm currently talking to a recruiter and after a lot of research I just want to make sure I'm making the correct choice. My goal is to be SF. Right now I live in Arkansas where there is no SF unit but I will be moving to Utah to finish my degree and there is an SF unit there. So my question is can I get a Rep 63 (that is the contract that allows me to try out for SF right?) even if I don't live in a state that has an SF unit or should I just enlist as an 11b than later try out for SF later? And if I do the 11b route is it possible to get a contract that will allow me to at least go to jump school right a way? Any information or suggestions would be great.
        Thank you
        If you haven't already. Visit the non military service recruit path on the Special Forces webpage: http://specialforces.nationalguard.com/
        Fill out the "Apply for Special Forces" form, in order to speak with the SF Precision Recruiter.

REP 63 contracts are very selective right now. They are a case-by-case basis. We really recommend that you serve for at least 2 years, preferably in combat arms, get some military experience and then apply/try-out for SF.
        Last edited by SF Hunter; August 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X