X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF in North Carolina opened?

I've read a few forums and I have a small understanding of how ng sf works. I have been told I can have a shot at sf in north carolina but I've read in a current forum try outs were closed. I know SF Hunter has the information on this and would appreciate his input.

Is North Carolina sf tryouts closed?

If its open, what are they looking for in candidates, is there a current competitive score? Are the likely to accept my situation?

I've listed a few facts below of my situation.

Facts:
    I am currenting finishing my application for North Carolina to become 11B.

I am prior Marine Reserve, supply type with a security deployment(6th PSC Djibouti

No adverse history medically, military, or criminally.

94 asvab, high line scores.

Current hold TS clearance.

28 years old

Was trying out for SEALs against their no prior service policy, considerably healthy.

Re: SF in North Carolina opened?

P.S. I'm E-5, 6 years reserve, and 2 years inactive 2003-2011

Comment

Originally posted by Osvet View Post
      P.S. I'm E-5, 6 years reserve, and 2 years inactive 2003-2011
      If you have two years inactive your TS clearance has gone bye bye.

Comment

I've read a few forums and I have a small understanding of how ng sf works. I have been told I can have a shot at sf in north carolina but I've read in a current forum try outs were closed. I know SF Hunter has the information on this and would appreciate his input.

If its open, what are they looking for in candidates, is there a current competitive score? Are the likely to accept my situation?

Facts:

I am prior Marine Reserve, supply type with a security deployment(6th PSC Djibouti

28 years old

Was trying out for SEALs against their no prior service policy, considerably healthy.
        I suggest you call them and get the most relevant and up to date information.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          If you have two years inactive your TS clearance has gone bye bye.
          Actually what I do right now is why I have a TS and it is still active. Its only a year old.

Comment

Thank you sir, I'll try that.

Comment

Actually what I do right now is why I have a TS and it is still active. Its only a year old.
              Was the clearance adjudicated by the Department of Defense or another agency?

Comment

Was the clearance adjudicated by the Department of Defense or another agency?
                It was DOD Ssgt.

Comment

Facts:

28 years old

Currently, NC SF is conducting try-outs/evaluations with both units (B/3/20th in Roanoke Rapids and B/1/20th in Albemarle). You must be a currently serving Guard soldier and meet all the requirements.
                  Each unit has different requirements at this time. You will need to get in direct contact with each unit or their recruiter.
                  Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                    Currently, NC SF is conducting try-outs/evaluations with both units (B/3/20th in Roanoke Rapids and B/1/20th in Albemarle). You must be a currently serving Guard soldier and meet all the requirements.
                    Each unit has different requirements at this time. You will need to get in direct contact with each unit or their recruiter.
                    Best of luck!
                    Thanks SF Hunter! I did call 20th and they were consistant with your guidence. Generally score perfect on the Army PFT, add pull ups, and be ready for a 12 mile ruck march with 45 lbs in the ruck dry. I will be doing some motivated ruck marches with going through the process of re-enlisting. Thanks for all your help gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
                      Best of luck!
                      Is the Albemarle unit new? I was not aware of their existence.

Comment

Is the Albemarle unit new? I was not aware of their existence.
                        The unit was re-flagged from Mobile, AL to Albemarle, NC this year.

Comment

Working...
                        X