Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Language's

Hey Everyone,
    I am debating on re-enlisting when my six year stint as an 11B is up next year and going out for Special Forces. My question is whether I can utilize my free time now prior to making this decision to study one of the languages that SF requires, with the end state being not having to take the language part of training. Any one know a definitive answer to this?

Thanks Ya'll

-William

Re: Language's

Originally posted by willietmercedes View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    I am debating on re-enlisting when my six year stint as an 11B is up next year and going out for Special Forces. My question is whether I can utilize my free time now prior to making this decision to study one of the languages that SF requires, with the end state being not having to take the language part of training. Any one know a definitive answer to this?

Thanks Ya'll

-William
    Ultimately, the decision of which SF MOS and language you learn will be up to the needs of the particular NG SF unit.

Even if you have a rating (DLPT 1/1 or OPI 1/1 or higher) in a language that is needed by the unit. You will more than likely still attend language phase to learn an additional language. More tools for the tool bag, so-to-speak.

Some advise: Focus on the 25 meter target. Your first hurdle is to even attend SFAS and get selected. Do not worry about the language training.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; February 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X