Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marine officer to NG SF?

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
    Based on what you've told us, I recommend going into the Guard in your current career field. You'll have no special training requirements, because you're already considered qualified for the Army's equivalent career field. Spend a year in a conventional unit, to get accustomed to your new way of life, and to draw educational benefits. Then, after completing your degree, you have a decision point of whether to continue as a commissioned officer in the conventional forces, or as a sergeant in Special Forces.
    One important note. I am beginning the SF assessment pipeline with the MDARNG right now, and they are still taking Captains as long as they don't have "too much" time in grade. As a result, the OP should be aware that he may be able to go into SF as a Captain, but that waiting a year to do so may make him ineligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      According to the sticky thread of the SF Training Timeline, officers will attend the Special Operations Captains Career Course. Is this a recent change? I think that in the past, those who were selected would attend the MCCC at Fort Benning instead. Does the Special Operations Captains Career Course replace the MCCC or does a Detachment Commander who eventually transitions back to a basic branch still need to complete the MCCC?
      SF Hunter,

Please provide guidance to us on the issue of SOCCC and MCCC.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        SF Hunter,

Please provide guidance to us on the issue of SOCCC and MCCC.

Thanks in advance.
        The Special Operations Captain's Career Course is a new program and now the required path for officers selected for SF. It is a one time PCS move to Ft. Bragg, NC to attend the SOCCC and then straight into the "Q" Course after selection at SFAS and then attendance to Airborne School, if required

The only down side is if the officer fails or drops out of the Q Course and reverts back to their original basic branch. They would still have to attend their branch CCC for career progression.

Comment

That completely answered my question. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X