X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Physical

Okay I am sorry to keep posting questions but I hope this will be the last one. I am going for the briefing/interview next month for SFRE and I was wondering if its possible to get a SF Physical done by a civilian Dr? I am willing to take care of everything on my own I just want to have it done and the paper in my hand. I found DD form 2808 is that all I need or would use?

Thank you for any and all advice and help you can provide.

Re: SF Physical

I do not recommend trying to get your SF physical done by anyone other that military medical personnel. Too many things can be missed. Now, I know that it is a HUGE pain to get one done through the proper channels, but I suggest you lean on the unit for their recommendations. They may already have a process or point of contact for physicals.

Comment

Yeah my unit said that they have no idea who to go about getting it so I was just trying to take some of the leg work out of it but I will just wait until it gets to that point in the application process. Thank you for the advice. Besides a lot of PT is there anything you can recommend to get me an advantage over other applicants at SFRE?

Comment

Learn as much as you can about Special Forces. The history, missions, unit breakdown and each MOS. Don't be that guy that doesn't know what an ODA is or 18E.
        With the PT, you will need to be prepared for allot of ruck marching. Work your way up to 50 lbs of weight for 12-18 miles with a pace of 15 minute per mile or faster.

Comment

Thanks! I am use to rucking a lot we tend to do like 12 mile rucks every month and with a lot of weight. I am going to try and step it up however. What do they look for at SFRE? I know it's not all PT does motivation and drive have anything to do with it?

Comment

Intelligence, trainability, motivation, influence, and judgment.

Comment

Thank you! If this is something I really want is it wise to attend SFRE in multiple locations to enhance my chances of getting selected? Or would this look bad. There are 4 units within about 4 hours of me and I would be willing to go to any of them. There is a top choice that I want but I wasn't sure if it would hinder me or help if I attend more then one tryout and interview.

Comment

I don't recommend attending more than one SFRE. Unless, you fail to meet the standards or selection from the first one. Focus on performing your best the first time out with one of the SF units that you first schedule a SFRE with.

Comment

Working...
                X