X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Coin

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. I was working the other day and got coined by an E-6. The coin say's 3/20th group and on the back it says ODO 2332 just wondering if anyone can provide insight to what the 2332 is? I know its like group, company, team and something just confused to where the guy was from. Thanks for any help and feedback!

Re: SF Coin

I see your in Roanoke, where did you get the coin? Just curious.

Comment

You sure you dont mean ODA? Operational Detachment-A. Which is essentially an SF team.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        I see your in Roanoke, where did you get the coin? Just curious.
        I got the coin from a Funeral Service I did in Lynchburg. He came over and spoke to me and my partner and gave us the coin for such a good service.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          You sure you dont mean ODA? Operational Detachment-A. Which is essentially an SF team.
          Yes I mean't to say ODA my phone auto-corrected it to ODO however.

Comment

Originally posted by jdad3406 View Post
            I got the coin from a Funeral Service I did in Lynchburg. He came over and spoke to me and my partner and gave us the coin for such a good service.
            Did that happen to be the Fitzwater funeral? One of my buddies I deployed with is now SF and his brother just died last week.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              Did that happen to be the Fitzwater funeral? One of my buddies I deployed with is now SF and his brother just died last week.
              I couldn't tell you. I don't remember the name I can tell you the service was on 4/6/12 at Spring Hill Cemetery. I do so many services it's hard to keep up with names.

Comment

Originally posted by jdad3406 View Post
                Just wondering if anyone can help me out. I was working the other day and got coined by an E-6. The coin say's 3/20th group and on the back it says ODO 2332 just wondering if anyone can provide insight to what the 2332 is? I know its like group, company, team and something just confused to where the guy was from. Thanks for any help and feedback!
                An SF ODA number is determined in this way: Example ODA 2332 - the first number (2) is the SF Group (20th SFG); the second number (3) is the Battalion (3rd Battalion); the third number (3), is the Company (1=Aco, 2=Bco, 3=Cco); the fourth number (2) is the ODA team within that Company (1 thru 6).

I hope this clarifies.

Comment

Thanks for the lesson as always Hunter!

Comment

Thank you for the clarification SF Hunter.

Comment

I remember when they were three digits lol

[/old man/I used to be somebody]

Comment

Working...
                      X