X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisted to 27A ARNG - Uniform for FRB

I am currently an E5 and have been selected for appointment to 1LT in TXARNG JAGC. At my upcoming FRB, I was instructed to wear my ASU. In my preparation, it hit me that I don't know whether I'll be pinned with my new rank at the board. I have emailed the OSM, but it is late on a Friday and I would like to order the necessary items ASAP. I have almost two weeks, so it isn't quite last minute.

The question: do I wear my NCO ASU to the board, or come ready to be pinned (by making the appropriate replacements/modifications)? I have searched and do not see any place this question has been addressed, so please pardon the repetition if it has and I missed it.

Thanks for your help.

SGT Thomson

P.S. I originally posted this in a different area of the forum, but thought it might have a better opportunity to get answered here. Thanks.

Re: Enlisted to 27A ARNG - Uniform for FRB

With a direct commission, I will prep your Greens or ASUs for pin on Officer rank. We did that for an enlisted who got promoted to 2LT when he went Nurse Corps.

Comment

I swore in with a E-6. That said, we both did our "boards" before the swear in, so were not officially Officers yet. She wore her ACU with enlisted rank.

Comment

Originally posted by rbruce View Post
        I am currently an E5 and have been selected for appointment to 1LT in TXARNG JAGC. At my upcoming FRB, I was instructed to wear my ASU. In my preparation, it hit me that I don't know whether I'll be pinned with my new rank at the board. I have emailed the OSM, but it is late on a Friday and I would like to order the necessary items ASAP. I have almost two weeks, so it isn't quite last minute.

The question: do I wear my NCO ASU to the board, or come ready to be pinned (by making the appropriate replacements/modifications)? I have searched and do not see any place this question has been addressed, so please pardon the repetition if it has and I missed it.

Thanks for your help.

SGT Thomson

P.S. I originally posted this in a different area of the forum, but thought it might have a better opportunity to get answered here. Thanks.
        For the record, I think this is a ridiculous question, especially coming from an attorney joining my JAG Corps. Would SGT go to a promotion board already wearing SSG?...No he wouldn't. You will not be pinned at the board, there is no guarentee you pass the board, and they still have to do the post board paperwork. Don't make any adjustments to your ASU unless you want to be the laughing stock.

Comment

This isn't an enlisted promotion board though, realitycheck.

The op stated he/she was already selected for appointment so one could understand there may be an expectation you show up ready to be pinned. At least you are being pro-active SGT.

To not be prepared for that, to me, would be like showing up to my OCS graduation without having my ASU altered and ready to go.

My two cents.

Comment

I'd agree with Chief. The board is really a formality at this point. If you can't get a hold of the OSM, you could try the SAA. He will be or should be the president of the board.

Comment

Working...
            X