X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie follies

Thought you guys may get a kick out of my rookie mistake.

I'm a newbie so I am on a steep learning curve. I just recently discovered that when someone walks confidently into the office I Drill at (the State Judge Advocate's) they are probably high ranking and just a quick rise and good day sir/ma'am is almost always in order. Also, never have your back to the door. I knew I screwed up royally when I saw my boss (COL) rise and say good day sir. That said, the Asst. Adjunct General took it in good humor and welcomed me to the team.

Re: Newbie follies

The biggest problem working in the vicinity of many officers......is not knowing who they are yet. And trying to get a good quick look at every new face's rank before they walk past you. I always felt goofy trying to hone in on that for every soldier I didn't recognize. Brass should always wear the shiny rank in garrison.

Comment

Tell me about it. I am finally getting good at the quick look for Army and then the air force guys show up.

Comment

What sucks is when you can't tell if the soldier is a SPC or LTC from far away. We have so many older guys, it's an actual problem...

Comment

I have that mistake before as well. The SPC got a huge promotion that day. And I have called a W04 Lt. rather than Chief.

Comment

I work in a Division HQ.

I share no sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmac View Post
              Tell me about it. I am finally getting good at the quick look for Army and then the air force guys show up.
              Ranks are the same.

Comment

Even though their uniforms are different I meant I had to look at their collars.

Comment

Working...
                X