Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JAG Approval Process

Originally posted by SabreKhan View Post
    It just didn't exist for National Guard Judge Advocates when I joined up. We got no incentives whatsoever. The OSM gave us each a National Guard backpack after we swore in, and we all joke that it's a $10,000 backpack because we all got told there was a $10,000 bonus that didn't exist. Obviously, none of us was joining for the money, because we all signed the oath even after learning there was no bonus attached. We were also all aware that SLRP didn't apply to the Guard. If you were waffling between Guard/Reserve and Active Duty at the time I joined, it was a no-brainer. The Active Duty got about $70-80,000 worth of incentives to join (significantly more if they stayed on after their first commitment). And if you weren't sure you wanted to be a JA, it also paid more to simply enlist. Over the life of your first enlistment contract, with all the bonus money and benefits, you'd make way more money as an enlisted Soldier. Since I was planning to stay in for the long haul, the money eventually comes back around as an officer.
    Roger. Makes more sense. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X