Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Job will I have If I want to Commission into army law?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Job will I have If I want to Commission into army law?

The only problem is I have not been to law school and i do not plan to go till i commission after ROTC. If i want to do JAG Branch, what job do i have to have if i am in the process of completing law school? Is there a paralegal position in JAG for officers?

PLEASE SOME HELP ME!

Re: What kind of Job will I have If I want to Commission into army law?

Paralegals are all enlisted. The JAG corps does have warrant officers, but that requires 5 years of paralegal experience. I take it you are currently an undergraduate in ROTC, but wish to go to law school? If so, you may be eligible for the Funded Legal Education Program. You'll commission as an O1 in a regular branch. At some point in the future, the Army would pay for your law schooling. You may also do the Education Delay option, where your commissioning is delayed for you to complete your law school degree at your own expense. Ed Delay gets you into JAG faster, but FLEP gets it paid for by Uncle Sam. Or, since you're in the Guard, you can be an officer and simultaneously complete law school at your own expense, then do a regular branch transfer (which, because of the niceties of Army regulations, will require you to give up your commission as a line officer and get re-commissioned as a Judge Advocate).

Comment

Re: What kind of Job will I have If I want to Commission into army law?

Also, there may be a Simultaneous Membership Program option for you while you're still an ROTC cadet. I know very little about SMP, though...

Comment

Working...
      X