X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few JAG questions

Hoping to get some insight into the next steps in the process (and might be getting a little ahead of myself). I have submitted my application for JAG and had my medicals done. The next step in the the process is the interview. Can anyone provide some insight on what it is like? I have no idea what to expect. Any help would be great.

Also, if i get accepted it looks like I'll know this August or September. Is that too late to do the October 2012 JAOBC or will I be bumped till the summer 2013? How much say, if any, do I have on when I go?

Next, what should I know for my first weekend drill. Is there a manual or list of required knowledge I can buy and review beforehand?

Finally, I'm 40, so JAOBC will be done when I'm 41. I'm in good shape - I can make most of the PT requirements for an 18 year old, but at the max allowed weight for my age, height. What can I expect during JAOBC - other than a good butt kicking.

I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Re: A few JAG questions

The interview for me was just a phone call from the State Judge Advocate. We had a pretty short conversation not unlike a regular job interview, and that was it.

As for your first drill weekend: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...Commission-JAG

August acceptance in the National Guard will probably mean you'll go to OBC in February or July of the next year, but if your training NCOIC is really on the ball you may get into the October class right after your first drill.

The butt-kicking at OBC is pretty light, actually. I was expecting much worse, more like Basic Training for the first two weeks at Fort Lee. It wasn't, though. It was pretty tame. The Fort Benning phase at the end was more like the stereotype of Basic Training, but it really wasn't bad either since you were used to the military regimen by then. One of the guys in my unit completed OBC with me, and he's in his 40s also. He injured himself during OBC, but was able to recover and pass the PT test before graduation.

Comment

Re: A few JAG questions

SabreKhan:

I much appreciate the information and link. Mine was an in person interview and I was told that I would be recommended for acceptance. Now i just have to wait.

Comment

Working...
      X