Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaplains Court Martialed For Sharing Their Faith?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaplains Court Martialed For Sharing Their Faith?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...hristian-Faith

Does anyone know anymore about this outside of the link to the article listed above? I am supposed to swear in later this Fall. However, if this is true, my plans may change.

Re: Chaplains Court Martialed For Sharing Their Faith?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl...-the-pentagon/

here's a different spin on the article.

Don't take this jackwagon seriously. He's clearly a nut case attempting to shove his extreme political beliefs down other people's throats. Soldiers attend their chosen religious service by choice. There are no rules that say we have to go. This fact alone makes Weinstein's argument invalid.

don't let these articles keep you from joining. religion is a big part of moral for many, many soldiers and our military leadership knows this. Its why our chaplain corp is so accomodating to such a wide range of religions. I can assure you that if anyone in the current administration pulled a stunt like this there would be a massive backlash from both the public and the military as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by scopedropper View Post
      http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...hristian-Faith

Does anyone know anymore about this outside of the link to the article listed above? I am supposed to swear in later this Fall. However, if this is true, my plans may change.
      I work for jag..this is not a reliable news source. Dont do anything illegal, and you will be fine.

Comment

I have been trying to put out this idiot's flames all over my facebook newsfeed. Nothing worse than sensationalist reporting.

Comment

Chaplains are already discouraged not to proselytize (while there is no direct prohibition against evangelism). Chaplains perform or provide, and are not in the converting business. Before chaplains access they make a commitment to ministry in a pluralistic environment. Chaplains are there to protect soldier's ability to freely worship.

Soldiers have more authority to proselytize than chaplains do.

Something to think about is the fact that the Nazis had chaplains too.

I am not surprised at this story the way things are going....first they label you an extremist then punish you for living out your beliefs. The military is an increasingly hostile environment for soldiers of Faith. But little do people realize the more you persecute a faith group the more it grows.....
          Last edited by Chaplain4me; May 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X