X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question about Chaplaincy

I agree good news. But do you think it's a little past due?? Why did it take from 1951 until 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by chaplainchad View Post
      I believe that there is a stipulation that you must be a candidate for a certain amount of time.

I hadn't heard that from my recruiter. I was told (so far) that I could come in as a candidate and then once I am ordained in 2014 I would become a chaplain.

Any idea on how difficult it is to go active duty once a chaplain in the NG?
      DACH-1, 3-2, para d.

d. Chaplain Candidates must serve one (1) year from date of commission before commissioning as RA, USAR or ARNG Chaplains; however, they may apply up to 90 days prior to their one-year mark.

Comment

May a 57 year old chaplain like myself be assessed to the US Army?

Comment

Which 3-5 states in the National Guard have openings if I wish to do an ISP to that more needy state? Who at the Guard Bureau would have this info?

Comment

Originally posted by tobyswish View Post
            Which 3-5 states in the National Guard have openings if I wish to do an ISP to that more needy state? Who at the Guard Bureau would have this info?
            I know TN is short Chaplains. Can't speak for any other states though.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
              I know TN is short Chaplains. Can't speak for any other states though.
              Do you know if they are short on Chaplain Candidates? I am looking to joing the Chaplain Candidate program but my state is full on chaplains and won't accept any more. I live in arkansas so I would definitly be interested in any surrounding states that have slots available.

I am currenlty in the Arkansas National Guard. I am slotted to begin OCS in June, however, I feel the drawing and calling of the LORD to pursue the chaplaincy program. I am willing to drill out of my state in order to follow the LORD's leading.

thanks
              Last edited by bjendrejas; April 17th, 2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X