Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chap. xfer to another State?

Greetings,

I am currently in the final stages of becoming a Chap. Candidate for the state of Texas.

How long do you have to be in before you can request a xfer to another state?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Chap. xfer to another State?

Derek, I don't know the answer to your question. However, I pray your transfer goes through quickly and easily.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekAtHome View Post
      Greetings,

I am currently in the final stages of becoming a Chap. Candidate for the state of Texas.

How long do you have to be in before you can request a xfer to another state?

Thanks in advance.

To clarify, does "xfer" mean transfer, as in Inter State transfer? Assuming this is correct, IST's for Officers differ from enlisted. This is a topic that has been covered before, so I'm sure there are members on here that can comment on their own personal experience. A few things I do know that will be paramount is being released from your losing state, and finding a slot in the receiving state. It's my understanding that this is not always a quick and sure thing for Officers. Therefore, I would ultimately recommend speaking to your Readiness NCO as well as the unit you would like to move to, to learn about your options.

Hopefully, someone else can post more specific details for you!

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        To clarify, does "xfer" mean transfer, as in Inter State transfer? Assuming this is correct, IST's for Officers differ from enlisted. This is a topic that has been covered before, so I'm sure there are members on here that can comment on their own personal experience. A few things I do know that will be paramount is being released from your losing state, and finding a slot in the receiving state. It's my understanding that this is not always a quick and sure thing for Officers. Therefore, I would ultimately recommend speaking to your Readiness NCO as well as the unit you would like to move to, to learn about your options.

Hopefully, someone else can post more specific details for you!
        Seriously, this has been covered ad nauseum. Is there any way to sticky some sort of master "IST" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
          Seriously, this has been covered ad nauseum. Is there any way to sticky some sort of master "IST" thread?
          That would be a difficult one to post as IST can change from state to state, situation to situation, Enlisted to Officer.

However, check out AR 600-200, Section IV. There's some general information on IST's that makes a good read. Otherwise, members, try to do a search first before posting.

Comment

First the state you are going to has to have a Chaplain position open, which it's slim pickens these days.....

Comment

Working...
            X