X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's true! No weapons for Chaplains

If you are considering the Chaplaincy, then you will quickly learn that chaplains are unarmed and noncombatants.

This means that under no circumstance will you ever touch a weapon. The only possible exception is that you had to carry a weapon off the battlefield either while helping a fallen soldier or to keep it from falling into the enemy's hands. Even then that could raise suspicions

Chaplains are provided a Chaplain's Assistant that is trained to provide security for the chaplain.

Disclaimer: I am not a chaplain.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; July 31st, 2011, 08:30 AM.

Re: It's true! No weapons for Chaplains

I have to lay my cards down....I'm pretty happy about not carrying a weapon. As a Chaplain you represent your faith background as well as the Army.....if I started hurting people with a weapon it would be as though my faith tradition was....therefore keeping that separation is a good thing as not to sully what is holy.....

Comment

Did you ever see this movie when the Chaplain kills the enemy in WWII? Good Christopher Reeve movie.

http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/m-monsignor.html
      The story begins with a compelling scene as Christopher Reeve is being ordained as a young Roman Catholic priest. World War II is raging and Reeve's
      character, John Flaherty, immediately volunteers to be an army chaplain. Thrust into the heat of battle, Flaherty is overwhelmed by "dead men everywhere" as he
      commandeers a machine gun and opens fire on the Germans, starting a counterattack by the allies. "Thou shalt not kill" is but the first of many
      commandments that Father Flaherty will violate during 122 minutes as the filmmakers pile on one shocking incident after another.

Comment

Chappy is dangerous enough with his keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Did you ever see this movie when the Chaplain kills the enemy in WWII? Good Christopher Reeve movie.

http://www.chrisreevehomepage.com/m-monsignor.html
          The story begins with a compelling scene as Christopher Reeve is being ordained as a young Roman Catholic priest. World War II is raging and Reeve's
          character, John Flaherty, immediately volunteers to be an army chaplain. Thrust into the heat of battle, Flaherty is overwhelmed by "dead men everywhere" as he
          commandeers a machine gun and opens fire on the Germans, starting a counterattack by the allies. "Thou shalt not kill" is but the first of many
          commandments that Father Flaherty will violate during 122 minutes as the filmmakers pile on one shocking incident after another.
          No.....I didn't. Interesting.....I'm not down with breaking commandments so it doesn't look like one for me. Perhaps, I wouldn't know where to find the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            Chappy is dangerous enough with his keyboard.
            Thanks.......I did shoot myself with a 9mm once. I tell people I'm a dangerous man...I shot someone, have been shot, and got away with it....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
              No.....I didn't. Interesting.....I'm not down with breaking commandments so it doesn't look like one for me. Perhaps, I wouldn't know where to find the movie.
              Your local blockbuster or this http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Mo...4?locale=en-US

If you ever saw an adult movie in your lifetime; I would not see a problem watchng this lol.

Comment

What do you mean by "adult"?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                  What do you mean by "adult"?
                  Since you were in the Navy before; I know you pulling my leg, Chaplain Candidate.

Comment

Working...
                  X