X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC Related Questions

Hey, just a few questions I was hoping to get answers to about ROTC/ SMP before signing into anything that will get me into deep water with the military. I just met with a recruiter last week and am yet to take my ASVAB. I was originally planning on signing on for active duty after graduation but the sergeant talked to me about joining the national guard because the SMP would help me out further as far as funding college. I'm already in my 3rd year of college, 21 and looking at nearly another 3 years to graduate with my current major.

I'm currently in a tight spot financially, I have a scholarship that pays both my tuition and a portion of my room and board but that runs out in a year and have been unable to secure loans because I don't qualify for federal help.

I am all for joining ROTC and fulfilling the requirements but I have reserves for two reasons, firstly, what happens if I am unable to afford school any longer even with that help after signing a contract with the National Guard/ROTC? And secondly my recruiting officer made me aware that I have to tell them when I am going to graduate because the guard will l expect an officer in their ranks that year, what happens if I fail to graduate college on time? is it possible to graduate from ROTC only?
    Last edited by Hek92; February 18th, 2014, 05:31 PM.

Your National Guard contract exists whether you stay in college or ROTC or not. Therefore, if you enlist in the Guard, and leave ROTC/college, your Guard contract and obligations continue.

ROTC will not commission you unless you complete your degree.

Comment

Working...
    X