Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Changing AOC.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Changing AOC.

    MY friend is a DC JAG and he was telling me he wants to get into the military police. Can he just change his AOC and take BOLC?

  • #2
    Forgot to add, his term of service is up.


    • #3
      I would not know since its an O-grade question. I suggest that he calls the Officer Strength Manager (OSM) for the state he is interested in. LTC Ritchie can probably be the best person to address this question.


      • #4
        If he was a direct appointment as a JAG, then he would need to complete a commissioning program (e.g., OCS, ROTC), or obtain a new direct appointment. Direct appointments are unique, so it is possible that even if he gets a direct appointment for Military Police, it may be at a lower grade than he currently holds. This happens more commonly when going in the other direction, when basic branch captains complete their law or medical or divinity graduate degrees, and are reappointed as first lieutenants in JAG, Medical Corps, or Chaplain.


        • #5
          So he would have to complete OCS, Would he have to go to basic and BOLC as well?


          • #6
            Yes, he would attend Basic before OCS, and BOLC afterward.