X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens after OCS Graduation?

So I know you have to go to BOLC after OCS graduation and the length of that depends on the branch you get, but do all BOLC begin immediately after graduation? Or do some begin at some point over the next 2 years and you get some sort of warning before it happens? My boyfriend, for example, wants to get Adjutant General. Sidenote: how difficult will it be to get the branch you want (i.e. AG)? Thanks!

BOLC is scheduled through your unit. He'll want to work with the readiness/training NCOs to get that done. In my case, I graduated and commissioned in August and went to BOLC in November.

On branch assignment, that's done differently in different states. It's going to probably depend on his standing in OCS, the needs of the state, and whether there are units near his home that have slots for AG 2LT.

Comment

• migscajigs
      migscajigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! And I'm not asking for specifics, but what did you do between August and November? I'm just wondering whether my boyfriend will be back with me or if he's staying at Benning for some reason. I'd like to know if he's coming back in case he doesn't go to BOLC immediately. Thanks again.

I went to drill at my unit. As a side note, I did State OCS, not Federal.

Comment

• migscajigs
      migscajigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah. Gotcha. Thanks!

You drill with your unit until your BOLC date, which can be anywhere from as little as a month to as long as two years. What you do during that time depends largely on your command.

Comment

• migscajigs
      migscajigs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I'm glad he'll be able to come home for a bit.
Working...
X