X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC

I've done some research on ROTC and to my understanding, it is a program that will help an individual become an officer with the national guard. I am currently 20 years of age, have an associate's degree and will complete basic training and ait by March 2014. Can I sign up for ROTC after ait? Or is it possible to sign up for it before bct? Can I even sign up? I would like to obtain my bachelors degree in order to become an officer with the national guard. Is ROTC right for me? Thank you.

You need to search the forum because all of these questions have been answered multiple times. However....

Can I sign up for ROTC after ait? Yes. You will be waived for the MSI/II requirement with AIT/BCT done.
    Or is it possible to sign up for it before bct? Yes. However, you will need to complete your MSI/II year or attend LTC.
    Can I even sign up? Talk to ROTC Cadre.
    I would like to obtain my bachelors degree in order to become an officer with the national guard. Is ROTC right for me? That's for you to answer. However, officers are leaders and problem solvers, not problem identifiers. You will not have someone holding your hand, showing you what to do after training.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I have contacted the closest university to me that offers ROTC. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
      X