X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09S Question?

From what I have gathered the 09S process in Pennsylvania looks like this: 1. Go to BCT. 2. Come back and begin RSPO program before OCS. 3. In the meantime, go in front of the board to determine if you go to OCS. Is this correct? If so, what happens if you are denied OCS? I don't plan on being denied, but life doesn't always go how you think it should.

If you enlisted as a 09S, then you are guaranteed a slot at OCS... as long as you meet the requirements (ie - APFT, degree, etc). Your State may have some funky other requirements that they would *like* you to have (like a 270 APFT or whatever) but they'd be very hard pressed to enforce that in terms of booting you from OCS. If anything, it'd be the difference between going TOCS v AOCS.

Some States have an OCS board for non-09S soldiers who want to try out for OCS. They may make their 09S soldiers go before it as a formality, but in all actuality, they can't stop you from going if you meet the NG/Army criteria.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response. So basically, if 09s is in my contract I am 100% guaranteed to go to OCS? I mean it wouldn't make sense to get it in your contract and then be denied at the board and have to go enlisted for 8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by STGA2007 View Post
        Thanks for your quick response. So basically, if 09s is in my contract I am 100% guaranteed to go to OCS? I mean it wouldn't make sense to get it in your contract and then be denied at the board and have to go enlisted for 8 years.
        I don't like to guarantee things, but I think you could consider that a safe assumption.

Even for prior service enlisted soldiers (as I was), the board is really just a formality. At least that's the conclusion I drew from the epic quality of some of the other candidates...

Comment

Working...
        X