Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Moral Waivers required for OCS?

Quick Question- I have two offenses with one conviction. The first was a simple underage possession charge which was dimissed and expunged without a conviction following a diversion program. The second was a disorderly conduct (class 4 misdemeanor) to which I still question the validity of and was not alcohol related. I realize the former is still an adverse disposition, but both are minor nontraffic and do not require a waiver for enlistment since there are only 2. However, I am curious as to whether or not they will require a waiver for OCS (regional RTI, not federal).
    Last edited by fen8; September 9th, 2013, 12:50 AM.

Re: Additional Moral Waivers required for OCS?

You would need a Moral Waiver and I'd bet your chances at getting one of those right now is slim to none. Simply put, there are too many fully qualified, conviction free applicants to choose from.

You should speak with your local recruiter but expect to hear that from them in some form or another.

Comment

It's very likely your RTI will not take any moral waivers. OCS standards are tightening up and they allow almost no waivers these days. I saw several potential candidates notmake it because of them.

It's going to get harder to enlist in the Guard with any kind of waivers, let alone trying to get into OCS.

Comment

Originally posted by fen8 View Post
        Quick Question- I have two offenses with one conviction. The first was a simple underage possession charge which was dimissed and expunged without a conviction following a diversion program. The second was a disorderly conduct (class 4 misdemeanor) to which I still question the validity of and was not alcohol related. I realize the former is still an adverse disposition, but both are minor nontraffic and do not require a waiver for enlistment since there are only 2. However, I am curious as to whether or not they will require a waiver for OCS (regional RTI, not federal).
        Have you talked to anyone in your state? OSM/RTI? It is probably going to be an uphill battle but we are still getting people in with
        worse. I'm sure that door is quickly shutting; however; as always with the National Guard it can vary from state to state.

I've seen nothing across the board that would eliminate you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

scj

Comment

I required a moral waiver. Mine was for an underage when I was 19, it took aout 7 months for the paper trail to finally get through. I had to get several reference verifying that I was a good standing individual, had to write a personal statement and a few other things. My recruiter played a HUGE rule in me securing a slot in OCS. He made phone call after phone call finally getting a full bird Colonel to sign off on my waiver. I would say that I am extremely fortunate to have gotten an OCS slot, esp since everyone else told me that I was SOL and go enlisted (including people on this site, so take their words for what their worth) Like, I said, my recruiter played a huge role in getting my name to the top of every list he could, in addition all the paper work in my packet for JUST the waiver was over 200 pages, of which he had to constantly sort, sign, and file.
          I owe that guy a couple dozen beers someday,
          good luck bud, lets us know.

Comment

Working...
          X