X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2LT

Do I need my full bachelors for 2ND LT?. or is the 90 credits deal still available? I have 110 credits and have just a few months left on my degree. Doing part time school due to my job as a cop gets in the way of going full time. Anyway just curious. Prior service here also.

Re: 2LT

You can do State OCS and commission with 90. However, you won't make CPT until you have a degree in hand....

Comment

This policy will be changing, our OSM has already received a warno, everyone will be required to have a completed degree prior to accepting a commission. Now when this happens is anyones guess, but if you want to go for it, then my suggestion is to do it ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
        This policy will be changing, our OSM has already received a warno, everyone will be required to have a completed degree prior to accepting a commission. Now when this happens is anyones guess, but if you want to go for it, then my suggestion is to do it ASAP.
        Marine2Guard,
        Thank you for providing that information to keep us in the loop on current events. I really appreciate it sir.

Vet1985,
        State OCS education requirements are currently state dependent. Currently you must have at least 90 college credits towards an accredited Bachelor's degree. And most states require you complete your Bachelor's prior to commission. Some states are requiring that you have a Bachelor's before you even start.
        I highly recommend getting in contact with your OSM (Officer Strength Manager) to discuss your specific options and what your state is authorizing at this time for 09S enlistment option. You stated you only had a few months to go for your degree, so you are very close to not having to worry about the minimum education required.
        If you need assistance with locating your OSM contact information, please PM me and I would be happy to provide you with that.
        Note: From your name and avatar I assume that you are either prior service or currently serving. If this is the case then you must commission on or before your 42nd birthday.

Comment

Copy...i am a vet got out in 07. I am only 28 and wanted a tad bit of info before talking to a recruiter.

Comment

It is great to do research prior to speaking with a recruiter, but only a recruiter can provide you with the current State policies. As you know, speaking with a recruiter does not obligate you to join or move forward in the process.

Comment

Working...
            X