Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC Reserve Aviation Branching

Hello everyone,
    I'm starting my MS 3 year of ROTC, and will be commissioning in June 2015. I would like to branch aviation into the Guard or Reserves, and I'm aware of how competitive it is. I currently live and attend school in California, and would prefer a unit here if possible...plan is to hopefully work for LAPD. I know how horrible our state budget is, but what is the best way to go about going to lock down a slot? Should i start contacting units now trying to see if there are openings? Also, what is the furtherest you recommend living from your unit. I'm aware that aviation officers have additional time commitments, but just wondering if it is feasible to plan on doing both reserve aviation while living in So Cal. Any advice or help is appreciated.
    Thank you!

Re: ROTC Reserve Aviation Branching

Your ROTC cadre or local National Guard recruiter can put you in touch with the state Officer Strength Manager (OSM). Work with the OSM for branching and pinpoint assignment. As a rated aviator, you will spend about five days per month on duty or more, so consider a realistic distance. Also consider a Plan B for a branch.

Comment

Re: ROTC Reserve Aviation Branching

Thanks very much for your fast response sir.

Comment

Working...
      X